SAO PAULO â€“ Chery President Yen Tongyao says heâ€™s upbeat about Brazilâ€™s maturing automotive industry. â€śOur plan is not just to manufacture cars, but to innovate in Brazil,â€ť he says. Yenâ€™s comments came as he visited Brazil to launch Cheryâ€™s factory in Jacarei, 50 miles (80 km) from Sao Paulo, where the Chinese auto maker plans to produce the Fulwin model. Chery expects to generate 1,200 to 1,500 jobs at the new plant. Its rival JAC also is investing heavily in Brazil, buying ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery President Confident of Brazilâ€™s Capacity to Produce" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.