More foreign cars in the Malaysian market will not threaten Proton Holdings Bhd, which has strategies in place to withstand competition, Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Najib Razak says at the signing of a joint-venture agreement between Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. and Alado Corp. Sdn Bhd. “Proton is aware the nature of the automotive market has changed, and this is a global situation which requires car makers, especially Proton, to make necessary adjustments,” Najib says in a published ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery Signs JV Agreement to Build Cars in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.