SAN DIEGO – Chevrolet officials have a stern warning for their counterparts at Ford – never again will the Mustang finish ahead of the Camaro in the pony-car sales race. Their brashness stems from the pending arrival of a convertible model they believe will pad the Camaro’s totals and put it well out of the Mustang’s reach. “Last year, we outsold Mustang for first time since 1985, and that was just with the coupe,” Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer, says here during a media ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevrolet Confident Camaro Convertible Will Help Maintain Lead Over Mustang" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.