Chevrolet Div. hopes its '00 Impala, unveiled last week at the Detroit auto show, will carve out a whole new segment while selling some 200,000 units annually. The new Impala is derived off GM's W-body midsize platform and will be built in Oshawa, Ont. Full production should be reached in late 1999. Chevrolet believes the Impala will draw buyers who are looking for the interior space of a full-size car with the superior handling of a midsize model. Prices were not announced, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevrolet: Impala Could Breed New Segment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.