NEW YORK – With fewer than 15,000 Cobalts in inventory, Chevrolet is ramping up its Lordstown, OH, plant to begin mass production of the all-new ’11 Cruze compact car in time to reach dealer showrooms by mid-September. “The Cruze is an important launch for us,” says Jim Campbell, vice president-marketing for Chevrolet, promising a last-minute electrical glitch in pre-production mules won't delay Job One. General Motors Co. engineers are working on a fix for a defect that drains the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevrolet Ramping Up for Cruze Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.