General Motors Corp. reaches back to the future in announcing plans to dump the Cobalt name and call its new global compact car the Chevrolet Cruze, confirming its next-generation Optra will provide the underpinnings. GM spokeswoman Nancy Libby declines to elaborate on the auto makerâ€™s statement, confirming only that the new model will replace the Cobalt at GMâ€™s Lordstown, OH, plant, and its design and engineering was led by teams in Asia and Europe. Wardâ€™s first reported on June 6 GMâ€™s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Cobalt to Become â€˜Cruzeâ€™ in 2009; Debut Set for Paris Auto Show" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.