General Motors Co. scores a pair of victories today, learning a super-efficient version of its Chevrolet Cruze compact car receives a government rating of up 42 mpg (5.6 L/100 km) and General Electric Co. will buy thousands of the auto makerâs Chevy Volt extended-range electric vehicles. By achieving the 42-mpg mark, GM can boast the Cruze, with its 138-hp 1.4L turbocharged Ecotec engine, has the best highway fuel economy of any non-hybrid car in its segment. The number also beats some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Cruze Fuel Efficiency, Volt Fleet Orders Bolstering GMâs Reputation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.