Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. introduces the Chevrolet New Sail sedan in Shanghai, the first passenger car designed and engineered in China by a foreign joint venture, the auto maker says. Under development at the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC) in Shanghai for several years, the New Sail goes on sale in China this week. The car also will be exported to emerging markets, a company spokesman says. Both Shanghai GM and PATAC are joint ventures between General Motors Co. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy New Sail Small Car Makes Debut in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.