The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Dodge Ram 1500 and Nissan Titan fullsize crew-cab pickups unsatisfactory side-impact crash ratings, singling out the bread-and-butter truck from General Motors Corp. as a particularly poor performer. The IIHS, a research group supported entirely by auto insurers, says the Silverado earned its lowest rating of “poor” when tested without the model’s optional side airbags. But even with side airbags, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Silverado Trails Other Big Pickups in IIHS Side-Impact Testing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.