BUPYEONG, South Korea – General Motors Co.’s Global Vehicle Line Executive Jack Keaton says the all-new Korean-built Chevrolet Spark has a future in America, and GM is seriously considering selling the A-segment car in the U.S. However, it’s unlikely the Spark will be built in the U.S. “I don’t see something like that happening,” he says. “The minicar market probably isn’t going to be super big in North America, but it’s an interesting thought.” Keaton has been based at GM Daewoo Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Spark Ready for U.S., But GM Still Mulling Minicar Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.