NEW DELHI â€“ The new Tavera, launched by General Motors India Ltd. in May is redefining Indiaâ€™s growing multi-utility segment. For the last four years, GM India has been promising to bring the Isuzu Panther MUV from Indonesia. Renamed the Chevrolet Tavera, the Panther now is being made in India with 85% local parts, increasing to 93% by next year. Chevy Tavera The Tavera, which has been reengineered for Indian roads, is longer and wider than its major competitors â€“ the Toyota Qualis ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Tavera Points to New Direction for Indiaâ€™s Multi-Utility Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.