General Motors Co. will bring the new-for-’11 Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle to the U.S. market in October, many weeks earlier than the auto maker previously intended. GM Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre reveals the sped-up timetable while in Kansas to announce a $257 million investment at two U.S. assembly plants to build the next-generation Chevy Malibu midsize sedan. GM previously planned to bring the much-anticipated Volt to market late in the fourth quarter, with the end ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Volt Coming to Market Sooner; GM Confirms Loan Repayment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.