General Motors Corp. expects its Chevrolet Volt to travel up to 40 miles (64 km) on electric power alone when it comes to market in late 2010, and the vehicle might need every inch of that range to make it the mass-market hit the auto maker intends. âIâd be more comfortable at a 50-mile (80-km) range,â says Alan Pisarski, author of âCommuting in America,â a book series tracking the nationâs commuting trends and patterns over the last 10 years. GM engineers transition this month from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chevy Voltâs Success Could Hinge on Hitting 40-Mile Range" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.