CHICAGO — Macho was the name of the game at this year's auto show here. DaimlerChrysler sets the tone early by literally crashing its own party. President Dieter Zetsche startles journalists by barreling through a banquet hall wall in the new '02 Dodge Ram 1500. When the dust settles, he eschews a Spartan sushi entrée, declaring: “This isn't what a Ram driver eats!” And with a snap of his fingers, servers arrive with steak and potatoes and long necks galore. In the first two pages of a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chicago auto show pours on the testosterone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.