China President Hu Jintao, in a speech in late November, issued a brutal warning that the global financial crisis was threatening to undermine three decades of expansion in China. While the economic meltdown has yet to impact the country as deeply as the gloom and doom in the U.S. and Europe, China's domestic auto industry, one of the pillars helping underpin financial stability, already has begun to bruise. And analysts say harsher hits are inevitable. Foreign investment in China is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Auto Industry Can Withstand Global Gloom, Analysts Say" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.