DETROIT -- Competition in China is intensifying as auto makers from General Motors Corp. to MG Rover scramble to gain a foothold in the emerging auto market. Foreign car makers have their sites firmly set on building inexpensive, small cars to cater to the country’s middle class, which is growing to prominence in China’s large eastern cities. The auto makers also aim to bring local operations up to world standards by the time protective car tariffs are lowered as part of China’s entry into ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Auto Market Heats Up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.