Chinese joint-venture FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. is gearing up to produce the Audi A4 in Changchung, following a year of preparations. Audi forecasts annual production of 30,000 units of the new vehicle, slated to bow in Shanghai in April. This would increase dramatically Audi’s sales in China, where it delivered 36,500 units in total last year. The auto maker has sold the A4 as an import since November 2001. FAW-VW also produces the Volkswagen Jetta and Bora, and the Audi A6.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China to Build Audi A4" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.