SHANGHAI ‚Äď Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. is stepping up its profile as one of China‚Äôs most successful independent auto makers with plans to expand its vehicle lineup to 15 models by 2008. Adding to the auto maker‚Äôs halo is a deal to supply a subcompact for DaimlerChrysler AG and possibly an Alfa Romeo model for Fiat Automobiles SpA. Chery Chairman and CEO Yin Tong-Yao says in an interview at the recent Shanghai auto show here that increased sales are giving the 10-year-old auto maker a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Elevates Chery‚Äôs Profile at Shanghai Show" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.