Geely Group becomes China’s first local private company to build cars, as the first models of the “You Li Ou” roll off the line at its Ningbo plant, the Financial Times reports. The 4-door sedan will sell for about RMB30,000-RMB40,000 ($3,624-$4,832), providing a more affordable alternative to the Volkswagen Santana, which currently dominates the market’s low end at least double the price. The vehicle beats to market the forthcoming and highly publicized Zhonghua sedan, which China’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Readies for First All-Domestic Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.