Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. begins construction of a RM5 billion ($770 million) 2-plant vehicle production base in Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong province. Ye Niuping, mayor of Guangzhou suburb Zengcheng, tells the governmentâ€™s Xinhua news agency the first plant will cost RM1.5 billion ($231 million) and the second RM3.5 billion ($540 million). BAIC says the first phase of the project will be completed by the end of next year. The base mainly will produce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinaâ€™s BAIC Begins Building Plants to Make BC-Branded Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.