A newly formed Chinese auto maker plans to manufacture and sell vehicles under the Beijing brand name and is aiming for production of 700,000 units in five years. The Chinese government‚Äôs Xinhua news agency reports BAIC Motor is funded jointly by Beijing Automotive Industry Group, the Beijing state-owned Assets Management Co. and four other companies and organizations. Han Yonggui, deputy general manager of BAIC Group, which holds a 51%t in the new company, is quoted as saying the auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China‚Äôs BAIC Establishes New Auto Maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.