China's Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. says it is interested in a strategic pact with either of Malaysia‚Äôs two main national car makers but is getting a mixed reaction. While Proton Holdings Bhd says it is open to a potential partnership, Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua) insists it does not need any such agreement. Speaking on the sidelines at the Kuala Lumpur International Automotive Conference, Proton Managing Director Zainal Tahir tells the Bernama government news agency the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China‚Äôs Chery Mulls Potential Tie-Up With Malaysian National Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.