China's slowing car market is driving into the new year with a new round of price cuts. FAW Car Co. Ltd, the Shenzhen-listed arm of China's top vehicle producer First Automotive Works, has slashed the price of Mazda6 sedans produced under technical licensing deals with Mazda Motor Corp. by RMB25,000-RMB40,000 ($3,020-$4,830), the China Daily reports. Tianjin FAW Xiali Automobile Ltd., which builds Toyota Motor Corp.'s Vios and Corolla sedans, has axed the price of its Vizi and Vela ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China‚Äôs Over Supply, Under Demand to Drive Losses in 2005" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.