New-vehicle sales in China jumped 21.8% to 8.79 million units last year compared with 2006, China Association of Automobile Manufacturers figures show. Vehicle production rose 22.0% to 8.88 million units. China’s auto industry was expected to record sales and production of 8.5 million units in 2007. Passenger-vehicle ouput, including cars, SUVs and minivans, rose 21.9% to 6.38 million units, while sales climbed 21.7% to 6. 3 million, the government news agency Xinhau reports. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Sales, Production Robust in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.