Chinese new passenger-car sales increased 17.4% to 3.02 million units in the year’s first five months from like-2007, the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers reports. The total included 2.2 million sedans, 179,200 SUVs and 93,200 multi/utility vehicles (MUVs). May deliveries of passenger cars, SUVs and MUVs grew 16% to 564,600 from prior-year. The CAAM predicts total industry sales will grow 14% this year to more than 10 million units. Meanwhile, vehicle imports in May ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Sales Off to Strong Start This Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.