April new passenger-vehicle sales in China grew 16.0% to 545,800 units from year-ago, the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers reports. China’s passenger-vehicle segment includes cars, SUVs, multipurpose vehicles and minibuses. New-car sales climbed 16.6% to 411,800 units from prior-year. Chinese-branded models accounted for 28.2% of the market, with sales of 116,200 units. MPV sales grew 33.9% to 20,500 units, while SUV sales surged 53.5% to 28,600. The April result ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Sees April Sales Hike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.