TOKYO – Have Beijing leaders lost control of China's booming automotive industry? Analysts here say that conclusion appears inescapable. Priorities and targets continue to shift, and rules and regulations continue to be relaxed regarding which companies will be permitted to manufacture what vehicles with which partners under what circumstances. "The central government continues to specify targets, but actually they've abandoned control of the automotive industry and stopped restricting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Struggles to Control Auto Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.