Audi sales looking up BEIJING — Last fall marked the successful debut of the Audi A6 in China and sales of Audis this year in China are up, says Audi AG Chairman Franz-Josef Paefgen. Sales last year were down by 8.8% from 1998, to some 6,900 units. A total of 3,000 Audi cars were sold in China during the first quarter of this year. Paefgen says building a solid presence in China is of great importance to Audi. The automaker will attempt to attract more private buyers in a bid to further ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.