GM: demand pulls production HONG KONG — General Motors Corp. says its Buick-producing joint venture has received purchase orders for 13,000 of its sedans and expects full-year production to reach its 20,000-unit target. Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. only is building cars to deposit-backed orders, GM China group President Lawrence Zahner tells reporters at a press conference here. He declined to disclose a specific break-even production level, nor would he predict when the plant would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.