Car prices to continue slide BEIJING — Prices of automobiles in China are expected to continue falling in 1999, market experts here say. Sales of motor vehicles are estimated at about 1.7 million units next year, 3% to 5% over 1998. Sales of passenger cars, however, will account for less than 600,000 units. Last year's sluggish market increased auto inventory by a large margin, forcing prices to decline. Dirty cars run off China roads BEIJING — The Beijing government plans to remove ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.