Skoda returns to China VIENNA — Skoda Auto a.s. is making a comeback in China, where shipments of its Octavia passenger cars have begun. An initial shipment of 500 Octavias is on the way and some 1,000 more are being exported in three shipments to China in the first half of 2000. The cars are to be sold mainly in the Beijing region. The company says it expects Chinese sales to reach 1,000 vehicles this year, and plans to grow that number quickly. “We hope to export up to 5,000 cars to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.