Platz replaces Xiali TIANJIN — Tianjin Automotive Industry Corp. plans to begin production of a new car in 2001, the Platz, which is aimed at replacing Toyota Motor Corp.'s Xiali (Charade) sedan. The Platz has an advanced transmission system and a streamlined design and will be marketed to the general public and the business sector. The Platz is expected to be available in a variety of trim lines ranging in price from RMB82,800-RMB118,400 (US$10,000-US$14,300). MAZ assembles kits MINSK ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.