Car sales up for 1999 SHANGHAI — China reports a rise of 12.3% for 1999 car sales over the previous year, to 570,410 units. Total production grew 11.5% on year to 565,366 units, reports say. Luxury and mid-sized cars account for 9.3% of the total, at 54,927 units. Shanghai-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd.'s Santana, the market leader, fell to 40.9% of total market share, from 47.9% the previous year. State bans new car projects BEIJING — China's State Machine-Building Industry Bureau, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.