BEIJING — China's three key automakers last year produced 80% of the total passenger car units in the country. They are First Automotive Works-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. (FAW), Tianjin Automotive Industry Group and Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. Shanghai VW produced 235,000 cars, rising 2% over the previous year, with a target production of 250,000 cars this year. Tianjin Auto ranked second with 100,000 cars last year. FAW made 81,000 cars, including 60,000 Jettas, 6,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China's key carmakers build lead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.