China’s Chery Automobile says its new $200 million factory in Venezuela will launch production later this year, with plans to build 20,000 cars annually. The plant will be Chery’s second-largest manufacturing operation in Latin America. The auto maker has an existing $400 million facility in Brazil and a factory in Uruguay. "Venezuela is not an open market, which leaves huge potential for us to tap if we have an assembly factory there to sell domestically,” Chery International Vice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese Auto Maker Building Assembly Plant in Venezuela" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.