Australian car buyers can expect a flood of new brands, as more than a dozen Chinese auto makers are considering exports to the country. The influx in the next two years will come as the Chinese use the Australian market as a test bed for Western vehicle tastes before tackling the U.S. and European markets, Melbourne’s The Age newspaper reports. This was the method successfully used by the Japanese and South Korean car makers. Ateco Automotive Pty Ltd. Managing Director Ric Hull tells ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese Auto Makers Mounting Oz Invasion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.