Volkswagen of America Inc. is unfazed about postponement of the Routan’s production restart, even though April was the minivan’s best-ever sales month. Current inventory will support near-term sales of the new-for-’09 minivan, even if there is bounce from a just-launched brand-focused ad campaign, the auto maker says. Routan output was scheduled to resume in June, ending a 6-month hiatus. Chrysler LLC’s bankruptcy-induced manufacturing pause, which could last through June, triggered the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Bankruptcy Stalls Routan Production Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.