NEW YORK – Expect Chrysler LLC to incorporate boron steel in the next-generation Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans, following the lead of its Dodge Challenger line of muscle coupes. The Challenger, which launches with two new trim levels for ’09, marked Chrysler’s latest boron application when the iconic nameplate was reprised earlier this year as an ’08 SRT high-performance model. Boron steel, which Chrysler has employed in various vehicles since ’05, is featured in the car’s A-pillar ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Breaks New Ground With Challenger Engineering" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.