Chrysler Group produces its 1-millionth modern Hemi V-8 engine at its manufacturing plant in Saltillo, Mexico. “The modern Hemi engine is one of our best examples of “Disciplined Pizzazz,” says Eric Ridenour, Chrysler executive vice president-Product Development. “We combined the best of our engineering heritage with modern design to develop an engine that puts smiles on the customers’ faces – 1 million customers’ faces.” Hemi engines first appeared in Chrysler vehicles in 1951 and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Builds Millionth Hemi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.