Chrysler Group reaches a formal agreement with Volkswagen AG that will allow the Auburn Hills, MI-based auto maker to build VW-brand minivans in the U.S. for the North American market. The new vehicles will be based on Chrysler’s next-generation minivan platform, codenamed RT, and will begin production sometime in 2008, Chrysler says. Although Chrysler reportedly will manage the engineering for the new VW long-wheelbase-only minivans, VW will handle the design of the vehicle’s interior ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Confirms VW Minivan Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.