Chrysler Group plans to idle production at its Windsor, Ont., Canada, assembly plant for two weeks in October and November, unless demand for the Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country and Pacifica, which are produced at the facility, improves. The temporary idling could impact up to 5,500 employees. The plant produces 1,325 units per day on three shifts. Chrysler also will idle its Sterling Heights, MI, assembly plant during the week of Oct. 6 for inventory adjustment. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler to Idle Windsor, Sterling Heights Plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.