AUBURN HILLS, MI – Chrysler Group LLC is rolling out a logistics-improvement initiative inspired by partner Fiat Auto SpA’s World-Class Manufacturing system, a key executive tells Ward’s. Pietro Gorlier, president and CEO of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, says World-Class Logistics also is borrowed from Fiat. And, he says, its premise is simple: deliver “the right part, to the right place, at the right time with the right quality.” Pilot programs are under way at Chrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Implementing Pilot Version of Fiat-Inspired Logistics System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.