GENEVA – Chrysler Group is poised to announce its third significant Mexico investment in the last 18 months, with as much as $1 billion to be spent at its Toluca assembly plant. Tom LaSorda, Chrysler president and CEO, confirms what sources tell Ward’s is an overhaul of Toluca facility, home to the enduring Chrysler PT Cruiser cross/utility vehicle and its convertible cousin. During a break at the auto show here, LaSorda says Chrysler will upgrade the plant to accommodate the assembly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Investing in Toluca Assembly Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.