DETROIT – That thing got a Hemi? Unless you ask, you may never know when it comes to the all-new ’11 Jeep Grand Cherokee midsize SUV. In a bid to ensure its new 3.6L Pentastar V-6 engine captures the spotlight, Ward’s learns Chrysler Group LLC is leaving the vaunted Hemi badge off Grand Cherokees equipped with the optional V-8. But the move is not an indictment of the Hemi, a Chrysler insider says, pointing to the mix planned for the redesigned SUV launching here at the auto maker’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Moves to Ensure Pentastar Outshines Hemi" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.