DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group says it will appeal a judge’s pretrial ruling last month that denied the auto maker’s bid for an injunction preventing General Motors Corp. from selling Hummer H2 SUVs with 7-slotted grilles similar to those on Jeep models. Robert L. Miller Jr., a U.S. District judge in South Bend, IN, said in his ruling that he doesn’t think Chrysler has a chance of proving that the Hummer grille infringes on its trademarked Jeep grilles and that consumers will not be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Not Giving Up Grille Fight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.