AUBURN HILLS, MI – Chrysler launches its all-new diesel-powered Jeep Grand Cherokee in Europe this week as the clock ticks toward the next-to-last of 13 near-term applications for the auto maker’s new V-6. Production of ’12 Jeep Wranglers equipped with Chrysler’s new Pentastar engine, one of Ward’s 10 Best for 2011, is scheduled for July 18, according to an informed source. The moves underscore the auto maker’s renewed commitment to powertrain advancement, a key priority of CEO Sergio ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Powertrain Strategy Unfolding" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642