DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group reportedly is recalling some 101,925 '05 model year Jeep Grand Cherokees with 3.7L engines and NAG1 automatic transmissions because of problems that may cause engine fires. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says that increased transmission operating temperatures and the potential overflow of the transmission fluid into the engine compartment are the source of the fire hazard.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Recalls 102,000 Grand Cherokees" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.