DETROIT – After posting a 36% sales decline in January, DaimlerChrysler Corp. says it plans to re-launch its PT Cruiser model to build momentum in the youth market. PT Cruiser has been a hit for the company, with customers having to wait months to land one in their driveways. DCC says the Cruiser’s sales decline was merely a result of the softening market, and not caused by any production glitches or shipping snafus. With demand showing the initial signs of waning, DCC says it will begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler to Relaunch PT Cruiser at Younger Buyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.