Union leaders are encouraged while industry observers are skeptical as Chrysler Group LLC overhauls its shop-floor protocols in favor of Fiat Auto SpA’s “World Class Manufacturing” system. Worker training has begun with the aim of replacing Chrysler’s highly touted Smart Manufacturing System, unveiled less than four years ago. Both Smart and WCM stress team assembly practices over the one-worker-one-job model that had become ensconced in plants run by Detroit auto makers. But WCM is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Scrambles to Adapt Fiat Manufacturing System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.