Expect the redesigned-for-’11 Chrysler 300 fullsize sedan to feature paddle shifters by mid-year, when the auto maker begins to assemble the cars with a new 8-speed transmission. Chrysler insiders intimate as much when asked how the auto maker will shine a spotlight on the new gearbox. Along with a dual-clutch transmission destined for the Chrysler 200 midsize car this year, the 8-speed AT is a key cog in a multi-billion-dollar investment strategy to boost the fuel-efficiency and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Shifting Gears with New 300" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.